Frequently Asked Questions
- What's UpDog?
- Nothing much, you? :)
- How much does UpDog cost?
- UpDog provides free hosting for one site, and includes:
UpDog Pro is a $3.00 monthly charge, which gives you access to priority
support as well as these awesome features:
- A custom domain name
- Custom 404 pages
- Custom Favicons
- Unlimited Sites
- Support for automatic markdown rendering
- Lower cache times
- Custom document roots
- Use any folder in Dropbox
- Support for contact forms
- Is UpDog secure?
- Yes! SSL certificates (https) are provided for all *.updog.co domains.
I do not store or duplicate your content on our servers. When a request
is made to UpDog, the request is forwarded directly to Dropbox or Google to retrieve
a file's contents. The only people who can see your content are those with
whom you've shared an updog link.
- Will you help me set up a custom domain?
- Yes! Shoot me an email at email@example.com
- Can I delete my account?
- You can revoke this application's access to your Dropbox
account at any time by visiting https://www.dropbox.com/account/#apps
and clicking the "x" on the far right.
- Can I use an apex domain with UpDog?
- At this time, apex (or bare) domains are not supported with UpDog. You must use a subdomain, like www.
With your domain registrar, you can forward bare domains to your updog domain: example.com -> www.example.com
- How do I add a custom 404 page?
- Create a file named 404.html in the root of your site's folder. Read more
- How do I add a favicon?
- Create a favicon.ico file in the root of your site's folder. Read more
- Can I password-protect my site?
- Yes! Pro members have the ability to require a username and/or passcode. Read more
- Why is there a "Hosted on Updog" link at the bottom of my site?
- By spreading the word about Updog, you're helping others discover the service, which in turn keeps updog running.